But don’t expect me to stick to that.
What sound, other than ringing, would you like your telephone to make?
Since almost any sound is now possible with our sleek new phones, I’ve decided to go a bit off the beaten track. How about before the call is put through the caller has to answer a question? Perhaps a simple one like “What is this call about?” or “Are you asking me for money?” or even “Whatchu talkin’ bout, Willis?”. The “ringtone”, of course, would be the answer to the question. It could be very handy for screening calls.
1. Run over my boss with a golf cart.
2. Had Malcolm McDowell try to run me over with a golf cart. I dodged it. He laughed and waved.
3. Had my own radio show.
4. Sang in Gloucester Cathedral
5. Medaled in two marketing competitions.
6. Met and talked to Jesus (ok fine, Jim Caviezel, but he played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ)
7. Counseled hurricaine victims over the phone.
8. Interviewed two senate candidates and one house representative for television.
9. Dated two members of the same band.
10. Wished the lead singer of Collective Soul a happy birthday after sleeping in his brother’s bed, not knowing who he was.
I’m looking at those 10 thinking that you guys need some back-stories. ha! Too bad.