Thirteen of my “bittersweet” personality traits:
1. I am willing to ask for help; but when I do ask, I normally know what help I will be given and I appreciate people giving me the help I ask for specifically.
2. As you can guess from the above, I am also a bit of a know-it-all when it comes to understanding myself and what I want and/or need. This is basically a load of crap because nobody knows it all, even about themselves. But I suppose I put off an air of “I know that already”
which I recognize to be somewhat negative even if it is self-aware.
3. I like to trust people and give them the benefit of the doubt, but only within reason. As we all know by now, that’s a dangerous game to play. Thankfully I’m not completely naive and I can be somewhat “street smart” in order to not trust so-called “untrustables” (like Hitler for instance. I wouldn’t trust him with a toothpick). ;)
4. I’m becoming more of an introvert as time goes on. This is bittersweet to me because I am naturally an extrovert. The only reason I’ve become much more introverted over time is that I have been forced to enjoy alone time and do things on my own. The sweet part of the deal is that I am perfectly alright entertaining myself. But I would rather be able to exercise my inner extrovert more often.
5. I’m a serious person. People may see this as a downfall, but I like this attribute. It works with my perceptive, analytical style of thinking, and it allows me to see beneath the surface that most people try to portray to the world. I think I am just able to see reality a bit clearer than someone who sees like like a game or a joke. Oh, but don’t worry. I can laugh and joke right along with the best of them! I just know when to turn it off.
6. I’m insatiably curious. I want to know what makes you tick, what kind of toys you liked as a kid, what your favourite word is, how you escape during the day, how many licks it takes for you to give up and bite the darn Tootsie Roll pop… I want to know it all! and this may bug some folks. But honestly, who doesn’t want to talk about themselves?
7. I am only slightly organized. for being so “serious and analytical” this doesn’t really fit, does it?
8. I’ve gotten more stubborn over the past few years as I’ve grown in self-assuredness. I don’t want to be that cranky old woman who never embraces change or listens to someone else’s side of things. So don’t let me get more stubborn, okay?
9. I’m a peacemaker. This is great on its own but sometimes I take it too far and avoid conflict to the point where I sacrifice what I need in order to satiate someone else’s petty or sinful attitudes.
10. I’m blunt. When I’m not avoiding conflict I am probably encouraging it. I’m a tactful person, but I also am sick of melting things down just to tell someone what they want to hear. I also hate to lie so sometimes I just come right out and say things in a manner that makes eyebrows go up. I say cut the crap and deal with the truth. :)
11. I’m a big dreamer and lack focus for those dreams. I have yet to set a hard goal for any future education and I am passionate about doing so many things that I’m afraid I need to narrow it down so that I don’t run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Of course headless chickens are rarely passionate or dreamy … hmm.
12. My biggest fear is being embarrassed. Isn’t that silly? I can’t think of a sweet side to that trait, so let’s just say I find it ridiculous.
13. And last, but not least, I like myself. I don’t mind having some weaknesses along with my strengths. that just gives me a chance to grow and learn and work with others who have strength where I am weak. Pretty good deal if you ask me. :)